SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
utopiar

HELP! Is my wedding dress too plain?

utopiar
12 years ago

A while ago I started dress shopping. Since we have limited stores here, I picked this one out visiting my fourth store, that was not an AA but this is still the dress I got:

We planned to have a beach wedding, so I thought this would be perfect. I had a sash with a lot of bling sewn on, so it looks prettier than in the picture.

However, now we're gonna have it inside instead, and here in the cold.

I went to try it on again yesterday after it had been altered and I want to cry. I feel like it's waaaay to plain, but my options are limited.

Since I am a plus size bride, they dont have as many gowns to try on as for petite brides. And I refuse to buy a dress because it looks good, it might not be flattering at all on.

My dream dress is a typical ball gown, either lace or pick ups and big and poufy, everything this dress it not. I want more on the bottom and back.

I tried to let my sales consultant sell me another dress, but she and my maid of honor says this is right.

So now we are talking about adding appliques or pick ups, but I don't know what to buy to make it look right..

I am just so sad right now.

They told me to add a pretty veil and accessories but its still plain..

I look at other wedding dresses here on tpf and on other sites as well and I just want to rip my hair out.

I found a perfect dress at Davids Bridal but all the beading made my armpits hurt..

Any suggestions?

Oh, I nearly forgot to post the dress image.

dress here

Here is a link that might be useful: dress here

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH