Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! wedding attire

Posted by mommyofthree (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 16:31

I am attending a wedding at the end of September that starts at 4:30 pm. I haven't a clue what to wear. I don't know if that is considered afternoon, evening or what. It's at a Golf Club and the weather is suppose to be a high of 60.

I have looked for a dress all over and the sales people keep telling me we are in between seasons. Summer dresses are gone and winter dresses have not arrived yet. I have found some black dresses but they are bare shoulder and I'm not comfortable with that.

I still haven't lost all my baby weight so the only thing I have found that I like is a black skirt. I have a wine colored sweater for a top but is that too casual? I also have a black and white print blouse but does that make it too dark? Ugh! Any ideas?

Thanks!
mommyofthree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! wedding attire

I think the outfits you have with the skirt would be fine, but if you want something new, get one of those black dresses and wear a pretty shawl or jacket with it.
4:30 is still afternoon, so I would stay away from evening fabrics and trims. You can't go wrong with something very simple and classic; that way, if people are wearing party clothes or if they are wearing tailored suits, you're still fine. And a "little black dress," with something colored (shawl, scarf, etc.) and with pearls if you have them, is the champion!
Have fun.

o
RE: Help! wedding attire

My vote, since it's the 27th already, is go w/ the black skirt, heels, and the maroon sweater. Then look for some sparkly black beads or something to dress up the sweater.

Or dress up the sweater some other way (sew sparkly braid around the neckline, or something; if you do it by hand, you can remove it later).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here