SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sanjosedb

A 'surprise' wedding

sanjosedb
19 years ago

Hello all,

My guy and I have decided to make our wedding ceremony a surprise for our families. First, because he and I were SUPPOSE to be married years ago but at 18 I knew we were too young so I bailed out and ever since then our families have made it clear to us that we each blew the best thing we'd ever have. 20 years passed. Well, 9 months ago we reunited and have fallen head over heals for each other again. Our families are happy for us but are now pressuring us to marry. We know if we told our families of the wedding plans they would make such a ruckus about it and besides, it's just like us to do something like this.

Our date is set for 11/25/05, the day after Thanksgiving. My guy thought he could get both families together by telling them he was going to formally propose on Thanksgiving Day. Then we could somehow inform them the wedding was the following day. My concern is that some family will think that although it is sweet to be invited to the proposal the traveling will be saved for the wedding itself and therefore will not come.

First, anyone have any creative ideas how we can get people to come without giving up the surprise? We chose a holiday thinking it would give them the perfect reason to come.

Second, anyone have any creative ideas how we can then tell them the wedding is the following day? If it helps we are doing an evening wedding.

Yes, our families are going to be somewhat upset. But mainly only those who would have gotten in the way of OUR plans.

Any other advice either for or against this idea? Please be gentle. :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!