Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The wedding is over...

Posted by Jamie_MT (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 04 at 13:11

...and it went "swimmingly". Simple, outside, the weather was perfect, champagne toast after (for the 9 of us there), and lunch at a nearby buffet (which both parents agreed on). Nice and low-key, the ceremony itself was very quick and neither of us was nervous or anxious in the least, since it was such a small crowd that we knew very well (we both hate being in the "spotlight", so that was perfect for us). Now his biggest struggle is wearing a ring (which amuses me), and mine is knowing which name to use where until I can get the whole name change thing sorted out. LOL

I have almost 60 announcements that will be sent out today to inform all our family and friends, with a picture enclosed. Walmart screwed up the number of prints so I got them all for less than $3. What a deal! :-)

It's frustrating having to use my maiden name, but wanting to use the new name, and having to use both in different situations - can't wait until I get the marriage cert. back so I can get the "important stuff" (soc. security card and DL) changed and finish the whole thing.

And our friends, having come up with a compromise to DH's "no reception" rule, are throwing a BBQ next weekend as a "non-reception party" in our honor. LOL And DH hasn't been complaining too badly about the monetary gifts we've recieved either...he's gone from "you get it, you spend it", to suggesting things to do with the money for our new house. ;-)

So all is well...life is good! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The wedding is over...

I'm glad for you. Being true to your own lifestyle and preference is important. It's nice to remember that we don't "have to" do all those million things that we get pressured to do. Best wishes!

o

Congratulations, Jamie! I'm glad everything went so well, especially with the two sets of parents.

o

Congratulations! I'm really glad to hear how well it went. How exciting to be moving into a new house too, and even changing your name - I never wanted to change my name but the novelty of having a new one would be fun.

I think I'd have been more nervous getting married in front of our nine closest family members than I was in front of 90 people. The other 80 acted as a nice buffer zone between my family and his ;)

Glad it all worked out with the buffet too - I think cooking for it yourself would have been a bit too much.

o

Thanks, all! :-) Anita, I hear ya on the "buffer" thing...luckily both families were on their best behavior, but it was somewhat stressful for us. But not nearly as exhausting as it would have been with a huge party. And now we'll get to enjoy our friends with no family around - I never feel like I can quite be "myself" when my family is around, or my parents, at least. LOL

I have an "issue" with my full birth name being practically the same as my dad's, so my credit report is screwy, people get us mixed up, etc - I was *very* ready and excited to change my name, just to get out from under my dad's "shadow". ;-)

I posted a couple pictures over in the Kitchen Table Gallery if anyone is interested - why is it that this forum doesn't have a gallery...anyone know? :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here