SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

The wedding is over...

jamie_mt
19 years ago

...and it went "swimmingly". Simple, outside, the weather was perfect, champagne toast after (for the 9 of us there), and lunch at a nearby buffet (which both parents agreed on). Nice and low-key, the ceremony itself was very quick and neither of us was nervous or anxious in the least, since it was such a small crowd that we knew very well (we both hate being in the "spotlight", so that was perfect for us). Now his biggest struggle is wearing a ring (which amuses me), and mine is knowing which name to use where until I can get the whole name change thing sorted out. LOL

I have almost 60 announcements that will be sent out today to inform all our family and friends, with a picture enclosed. Walmart screwed up the number of prints so I got them all for less than $3. What a deal! :-)

It's frustrating having to use my maiden name, but wanting to use the new name, and having to use both in different situations - can't wait until I get the marriage cert. back so I can get the "important stuff" (soc. security card and DL) changed and finish the whole thing.

And our friends, having come up with a compromise to DH's "no reception" rule, are throwing a BBQ next weekend as a "non-reception party" in our honor. LOL And DH hasn't been complaining too badly about the monetary gifts we've recieved either...he's gone from "you get it, you spend it", to suggesting things to do with the money for our new house. ;-)

So all is well...life is good! :-)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County