SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

weddingchannel.com and theknot.com now only Macy's?

gellchom
16 years ago

I was looking for a registry today, and it seems like both theknot.com and weddingchannel.com are now affiliated directly with Macy's and give only a Macy's registry. I checked for the registry of a bride I recalled was registered at both Macy's and another store, and now there is only the Macy's registry listed.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any other site that gives multiple registries?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

• sweet_pea10
    16 years ago

I just searched for information on one of my brides that I know has registered at multiple locations. On WeddingChannel.com two of her registries appeared. On the home page it states that they post the registry information for 15 stores.

On TheKnot.com her information did not appear at all, even though she is registered at Macy's. Their web site says that they post information for 8 different stores, but Macy's was not among those listed. Perhaps your experience was an anomaly.

• gellchom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I don't get it. I just tried it again with for a different couple. When I put weddingchannel.com in the menu bar and hit "enter," it redirects me to http://macys.weddingchannel.com/catalog/fds/macysDivisionalHome.action. The top of the page says "Macy's Wedding & Gift Registry/Weddingchannel.com," the bottom says "macysweddingchannel.com," and when I put in the bride's name, it only gives me a Macy's registry.

I also tried theknot.com, and that gave me registries for two other stores -- but not Macy's.

Anyone know anything about this?

• sweet_pea10
    16 years ago

I don't get it either. I just typed weddingchannel.com into the menu bar and I was directed to the following:
    http://www.weddingchannel.com/home.html. I could see being directed to the Macy's site if you placed Wedding Channel in the search area of Google or Yahoo, but not if you typed it in yourself.

• gellchom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Now, that IS weird -- why did it direct each of us to a different URL (although apparently the same site)?

On top of which, when I tried the first couple again, this time it gave me one registry other than Macy's (I think Bed Bath & Beyond)-- but not a third one it used to (I think Crate & Barrel).

???