SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen10125

Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!

Karen10125
11 years ago

My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months. My husband has been estranged from his son, his son's wife and their 3 toddlers for a few years now, since they got married actually. This is the choice of the son's wife, not my husband's and certainly not mine. My husband has done everything he can to fix this situation but he has not been allowed to see his grandchildren, at all, he has never seen them. And just to give you a little background, the wife's reason for all this is because we weren't willing to pay for 1/2 of her lavish wedding, the one that her and her parents couldn't afford, so we were uninvited to their wedding a few years ago. So now my stepdaughter is getting married, both her brother and his wife are in the wedding. And the children too. I need some tips on how to get thru this day, mainly for my husband's sake. It's going to be difficult. I went to the bridal shower and ignored them and had a great time. Trust me, this girl is evil and will make that day awkward and hurtful for my husband if she can, not caring that it's someone else's wedding day. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I just want a peaceful day for my husband, a nice wedding for my stepdaughter, and no drama.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio