Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
geneology service?

Posted by LynNichols (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 04 at 23:18

My fiance and I would love to hire someone to research and give us some kind of write up on the family history of each of our parents (4-5 generations of people). We'd like to give it to them at rehearsal dinner. Neither of us have the time or the patience to do something like this ourselves. Does anyone have any ideas where we could find someone (online, via phone...etc) to hire do this for us? Does a service like this even exist?

Any suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: geneology service?

Look in the yellow pages for genealogical societies. I'll bet you could find someone there who would do it for you.

If you or your fiance are "from" another area, and especially if the families have lived in another area for several generations, you might contact the genealogical societies in those areas, since the info might be more readily available.

o
RE: geneology service?

Where are you from? I have done my family tree back 7 generations for almost every branch. Just to let you know, it has taken me over 5 years and there is still a lot of information to be had...
What types of things are you wanting to include? Some things can be gotten for free, but others there are fees. Just the cost of obtaining marriage and 3 baptismal records for some ancestores put me over $70. Then I realized I could have ordered the microfilm from the LDS Family History Centers for free, but it would have taken many hours to look up and find the info.
Let me know what you are interested in and I will see what I can do to help you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here