Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorating an arbor with toule

Posted by kathypc (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 22:37

I will be decorating an arbor that is 10 ft wide and 8 ft deep for my daughter's wedding. I would like to decorate it with toule, any ideas would be welcomed. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorating an arbor with toule

Without seeing the arbor or having a precise description of it, it is difficult to tell you how to decorate it. If it has posts, you might wrap them in tulle. If the wedding will be in the evening and you have access to power, you could wrap the posts in both twinkle lights and tulle. You might also place twinkle lights on the top of the arbor (no tulle). I would be careful not to overdo. When an arbor is 8 feet deep, using too much tulle will make it look like a cave.

o
RE: Decorating an arbor with toule

When you make curtains, you use double the width of the window, so I'd figure you'll need that at least.

You might just do swags at front and back entrances. And a gathered layer over the middle.

There are battery-powered lights
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/led2.html

Slip silk-flower-style vines among the folds of the fabric.

Use cable ties (zip ties) to attach at places.

Do a search at http://images.google.com on "arbor+tulle" and see what you get for inspiration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here