SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita1950

Requesting money instead of gifts

nita1950
19 years ago

My best friend is getting married, second time for both of them. They have a lot of stuff and she told me that she'd rather have money rather than gifts. They don't need any household stuff. I told her that I have been in many, and been to many weddings and never have seen money as the requested gift in lieu of gifts. I thought that this was an unusual request and don't want her feelings hurt. I have seen money trees at receptions. She was told by another that if anyone that she knew asked her what she would like, that she should tell them that she would prefer a monetary gift. She has decided that she would share this request with those close to her. She is still concerned about getting those things that she just doesn't need. I really don't know how to advise her here.. I am her matron of honor and would like to give her suggestions on this situation to think about. I don't want her feelings hurt and I don't want anyone to be offended. Please share your take on this. She is inviting close to 100 people to the wedding.

Thanks Nita

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor