Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
favors

Posted by Becky_H (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 04 at 16:46

Does anyone have ideas for favors to give as gifts at a wedding that are not expensive and different at the same time?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: favors

I did way too many favors for our wedding, but I saw so many cute things that I just got carried away! However, I did one favor that the women really liked. I found small lace cone shaped bags and filled them with raspberry potpouri, placing them at each place setting. (Just so happens our cake was a Raspberry Cheesecake and the punch was a raspberry sherbert) Of course I made way too many and still have them in all my drawers to scent them. It will be three years next week and they still smell very nicely! ALso, I found the little bags at a store that was going out of business so they were very inexpensive. One large bag of potpouri filled about 50 bags. Hope this helps.

o

We're (notice I'm including myself in this--because I'm doing half the work) giving custom candles with the bride and groom's name and wedding date on it in clear glass votive cups with white hearts on the front.

You can make the candles by using tissue paper, your printer and an embossing gun--nearly free, really. And everyone is always impressed because they're customized. If you want detailed instructions, email me.

o

I think food favors are the best!

o

For my wedding we are doing chocolate bars. They are very cheap and easy. I have a mold that says "Thank you for sharing our joy". There are 4 bars on one mold. You would need to buy the chocolate and melt it down. Very easy, cheap and yummy!!

o

Juliet2003.... can you share where you found the mold?
TIA

o

Sure, here is the website http://www.candylandcrafts.com/candy-soap_molds.htm
They have a huge selection and it isn't very expensive. I ordered 2 sheets of the thank you bars (4 molds on each) and it only came to about $6.00. And they were very fast on the delivery. I am almost finished with them, they are easy to do. I would highly recommend doing the chocolate bars. I did some white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate to have some at each table.

o

Thank you Juliet2003!!! That is a great site, there are several molds that would be fitting for our kids wedding!

My DS and future DIL are getting married in a rustic former tavern. It has a beautiful garden and reception room, but the tavern is still present. So for the favors, we have been collecting various glassware (wine glasses, beer mugs, etc.). The guest will be able to keep their glass as a favor, but we would like to add something to it. A chocolate lollipop will be perfect!

Thanks again!

~Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here