Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wedding Party Apparel

Posted by tesh (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 16:02

I am getting married in November, and while I was looking for wedding decoration ideas, I came across different websites talking about wedding party apparel. Here is an example of what I am talking about: - http://www.jodeesgiftshop.com/wedding.htm - . Why would anyone need wedding party apparel? Should I consider spending the money on such a thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wedding Party Apparel

Some people actually buy this sort of thing. Usually a mom buys a shirt or hat for her daughter or a bride might buy shirts or hats for all of the wedding party to wear to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. They are cutsie things, but totally unnecessary.

o

if you had an unlimited budget and parents who'd wear a tee with mother/father of the bride, tees, lol...this mom wouldn't...

o

When do they expect people to wear these things? Certainly only at a wedding-related event, but if you were an attendant or relative, or for that matter even as the bride or groom, would you really want to wear one of these shirts to a shower or rehearsal dinner instead of an outfit of your own choosing? They wouldn't look too weird at, say, a bachelorette party, but they are certainly not necessary. I'd still rather wear my own clothes -- even my own t-shirt -- thanks.

Those shirts cost $22 each. I'm sure you can think of better ways to use that money!

People will sell you anything, and try to make you think you "must" have it, to make a buck. In all the details that have to be arranged for a wedding, it's hard to keep it all straight.

o

They are in the same category as a pen with an ostrich plume for the guest book, imprinted plastic glasses for wine and champagne, specially imprinted disposable cameras etc.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here