SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Announcement wording

jamie_mt
19 years ago

Hi all! My wedding date is fast approaching (Sept. 4th), and I'm scurrying around this month trying to get the little details nailed down before the big day. I have to say, I'm impressed with those of you who can plan those big weddings - I honestly think I'd go *insane* if I had that to deal with too (my fiance and I are also buying a house this month - we close one week before the wedding).

Anyways, one of the things I have to finish are my announcements, to be mailed the week after the wedding (so I can include a photo). They will be fairly simple, I'll buy some nicely decorated paper (just laser printer paper) from Office Max or Kinkos or something to print them on, so nothing *too* involved, but I'm trying to figure out the correct wording to use that isn't *too* formal, but not something like, "Hey world, we got hitched!" LOL

So here's what I've got - I'm having trouble with the first couple lines (they just don't seem to read very smoothly), so if you have any comments or suggestions, I would appreciate them! :-)

Announcing the marriage of

Hisname and Jamie Lastname

September 4, 2004

in a private ceremony

The Lastnames will reside at

(our new street address)

Billings, MT

I feel like I need the "private ceremony" thing so that my relatives know that *none* of them were invited - I wasn't just playing favorites (trust me, my family is a "fair for all or nothing for all" type family). Other than that, any of the wording is fair game if anyone has a better idea...

Thanks!! :-)

Comments (20)