SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Ideas for a nice wedding lunch?

jamie_mt
19 years ago

I'm going to ask this on the cooking forum too, of course, but since you gals all have "wedding" on the brain, I thought you might have some unique ideas as well. :-)

Wedding is Sept. 4th, and we've ruled out BBQ, potluck, etc because we don't want our respective parents "competing" with each other (believe it or not, that *would* happen). So then we thought we (DF and I) would just take everyone out to eat...but his mom wants to pay for it, my parents *can't* pay for it, but they would feel bad if his mom did because it's "their" role, and she won't agree to pay for it "behind the scenes" so no one knows, so that's turning out to be not such a good idea either. *eyeroll*

So, since I have that entire week off, and a new kitchen/new cookware to try out, I am seriously thinking about making lunch myself (ahead of time, to heat up). That way no one can "compete" with anyone else, no one has to worry about who paid for what, and we can all just sit down and not worry about it. I love to cook, so really, I don't mind this option at all. ;-) Mom wants to buy a cake, so I plan on letting her get an inexpensive one for us.

There will be 9 people total.

I was trying to think of easy foods that everyone likes...maybe lasagna? I could make a couple different types...or roll up different types of ingredients in lasagna noodles for "personalized" lasagna rolls. That could be made ahead, frozen, and just heated up the day of our wedding - very simple. Corn and a salad on the side, maybe?

Anyone else have any ideas for a nice lunch that could be made ahead of time to serve after the wedding? It would be nice to have an elegant, 3 course meal, but while I don't mind *cooking* the meal, I'm not too keen on *serving* a 3 course meal on my wedding day, so I'd like to do something we can serve either family style on the table or buffet style (actually, a buffet would be fun...more variety then). Leftovers will be good, of course... ;-)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts