SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sm25_gw

Step daughter marriage

sm25
10 years ago

Need some opinons: I am remarried w/2 bio kids and 5 step children and my husband and I have adopted 2 little ones. My daughter was going to get married and my husband refused for us to pay for anything however, his daughter is now getting married and he wants to help. His reason is that his daughter is holding down 2 jobs while my daughter has 1 part time job and a baby so she's not trying to better herself. Really upsetting to me. His daughter wants our adopted 4 year old in the wedding but not the adopted 10 year in her wedding. (my children are not in the wedding). I adamantly said if both adopted children not in the wedding, then neither can be as they are biologic siblings and there would be hurt feelings. These issues are causing arguments in my marriage. I put my foot down this morning and said if we help with his daughters wedding then we help with my daughters wedding. We have seperate bank accounts and I'm thinking he can pay for his daughter out of his and I can pay for my daughter out of mine. I'm not trying to be mean, but we have a lot of kids and I feel we need to be fair to all of them...any opinoins or suggestions???? ps...his daughter expects him to pay for part of hers and says that my daughters dad should pay for hers...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource