Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Order a Wedding Dress from Taiwan?

Posted by redbazel (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 10:50

My sweet daughter is getting married this September. Yes. Really. So, she's found a wedding dress she loves and wants to order online from one of the several websites that carry this style, all from China. The price is good, but there is one site with the dress over $300, one around $200, and one has it just over $100. She wants to go with the least expensive, but I can't help but wonder if they are all made the same, just priced different like different stores? Or maybe one is made better than the other? Or maybe we won't be happy with any? Have any tried some of these sites, like Anne Bridal, Paul Bridal, Well Bridal?

Red

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Order a Wedding Dress from Taiwan?

You take a chance when you order from China without being able to see the dress or try it on. If she isn't happy with the workmanship or it doesn't fit, your daughter may not be able to return it. She should be aware that wedding dresses are sized differently than regular dresses, so she needs to be certain she orders for her largest mearsurement (waist, hips, etc.). The dress can be taken in where it is too large.

Has your daughter checked with local bridal shops and tried on gowns there? Some shops have sales racks where she may be able to find a reasonably priced gown without the worry of ordering from an overseas vendor.

o

I agree, it is better to look around here. Check the newspapers, specials from the stores and after June, the new styles for next years will be showing up and there will be discounts on discontinued styles. Also some of the larger department stores have a good selection in their basements that either have been returned (never worn) or discontinued. I would NOT order from a foreign country.

o

You might check ebay;
the feedback system there helps protect buyers.

o

Thanks all......
She had a hard time giving up the dress in the online photo, but we went to a local little wedding dress seller, (NOT a bridal shop....this is just wedding dresses and she rents as well as orders new for you) and found what DD wanted with a reasonable price tag. I think I'll let someone else explore online wedding dresses.

Red

o

Um, China is not the same as Taiwan. They're entirely different countries. Most cheap reseller or knock-off dresses are made in China, not Taiwan. In Taiwan women generally rent dresses for various wedding activities and there isn't really a market for overseas sales of wedding dresses. Please don't confuse the two countries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here