SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trwbrewer

My daughter's wedding.

TRWBrewer
11 years ago

About three years ago my 30 year-old daughter suddenly distanced herself from me. She is one of four children on my side and an only child on her fathers. She's getting married in a couple of months and of course I have not been included in the wedding planning or festivities.

A couple of days ago I received a text from her saying, "Mom, I am going to send you an invitation to my wedding. You are my mom and I do want you there. I don't want to take you by surprise but, I do have a very nice lady that has helped me with all of the wedding stuff. She will be sitting in the front row with the corsage. If you don't want to come, I understand."

I don't know what to do. I want her to have a lovely wedding and a marriage that stands the test of time. Other then seeing each other every few months at family events we don't speak. I've heard tidbits here and there (her younger sister is maid of honor).

I have no idea why she has rejected me the last several years, though I did catch her with her now fiance in her bedroom one night. Weddings are stressful enough, adding someone that you have and resentment toward makes no sense.

I have kept quite for the past three years. I have never responded to the gossip or rumors from family members regardless of the sting. This feels like a slap in the face. What do I do?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES