SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitney21711

Destination Wedding Issues

Whitney21711
11 years ago

We have been invited to our friend's wedding in California this fall. We received a save the date back in May. Basically all it contained was the date of the wedding and the destination city.

We thought it over and eventually decided to go after a visit with the bride and groom. We booked our airline tickets for us and our 17 month old baby girl.

Just last weekend, a whole three months after booking our trip, we find out through another friend that the wedding is adults only. Changing our tickets will result in hefty airline fees and leaving our daughter is not an option.

I contacted the bride and let her know what was going on. Her response was "ooh, that's a tough one. I don't want to inconvenience you guys and absolutely want you there, but I've told everyone, including our families, no kids. I think that would really put us in a tough situation."

My issue is this: she never, not once, mentioned to us that it was an adults only wedding. Plus the save the date didn't even contain that info. Am I wrong in feeling like she is sort of screwing us over??? Advice on how to handle this would be appreciated!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH