Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Destination : NY State (not NY City)

Posted by kymberie (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 0:26

I have a friend that wants to have a destination wedding that will be able to accommodate just a small amount of people about 25. There has to be a ceremony location, reception and housing for everyone. Not necessarily all at one location, but close. They would like it to overlook a lake, or just a beautiful view. Does anyone have any ideas? She lives in the Western part of NY, but is considering all parts of the state except the NY City area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Destination : NY State (not NY City)

There are tons of Bed & Breakfast locations in the Finger Lakes area of NY. She will probably have to do a lot of legwork as far as looking at websites and calling, but I would think that there would be a several locations where she could have the ceremony. Then it would be a matter of booking the rooms in nearby B&Bs.

My guess is that any place that is set up for weddings has already dealt with this situation and can help her make arrangements. It's a beautiful area. Those lakes would make a wonderful backdrop for a wedding!

o

And if they like baseball, they can head over to Cooperstown, too.

o

My brother and SIL had their wedding reception at the Genesse Country Village, which is near Rochester. Their wedding was in the afternoon and all wedding guests had free admission to the Village for the entire day of the wedding. It was one of the nicest weddings I've been to. The food was excellent and the staff was great.

No lake, just a trout stream, but some lovely views and gardens.

You can't sleep there, but the Genesse Country Inn claims to be walking distance away.

Here is a link that might be useful: Genesse Country Village

o

My friend got married at the Full Moon Resort in Big Indian, NY

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/sarah-and-dominick

Here is a link that might be useful: Full Moon Resort

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here