Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
for better or for worse

Posted by alicia67 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 28, 04 at 20:30

Does anyone watch this show on TLC? It is super corny but I love it. Mostly to see what wacky theme the wedding planner tries to convince the team to with.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: for better or for worse

I have never seen this show but have heard I should. I'm totally addicted to Bridezilla on WE (Womens Entertainment). Even my fiance is hooked on it. Its outrageous but definitely keeps you grounded. When does 'For Beter or For Worse' air?

o

I like that show too, but I am waaaay too much of a control freek to allow someone else to plan my big day and not even know what my dress would look like etc. I mean, it's a once in a life-time (we hope) day. Imagine if you detested the dress they chose and that was it - no other choice.
Boo

o

Ugh. I'm also addicted to it, but find myself yelling at the "expert" coordinator who is usually insisting that themes, etc be done THEIR way! Did you see the one with the bride and the swim-suit???!!! TA-CKY!!!! It always amazes me that they can spend $700 on FLOWERS, and have to cut back to $200 for the gown!! Just where are their priorities for heaven's sake?! See? Love the show, but end up talking to the TV! hahahahaha!!!!

o

I like to watch that show too. I think it'd be better if the bride got to pick out or buy her own dress. For instance, they could pick out favorite dresses in several levels of formality. The show would pick the dress from those choices. I'd love to see the bride and groom pick their own colors and make the coordinator work with that.

I think the ethnic themes are going way overboard. If I had an ethnic wedding, I would want one that represented my ethnicity, not just some ethnicity the coordinator picked because he/she wants to vacation there.

All in all, the show is fair. You get what you pay for.

o

It's on Wednesdays at 9:00(eastern time) on TLC.

Yeah the bathing suit 'dress' was so terrible. That poor bride- even if you had a perfect body- you probably wouldn't want to be married in your swimsuit- and that bride did not have a perfect body. I would have refused to go through with it if my team picked that out for me to wear.

I agree the themes get carried away. I did like the candy wedding- the bride wore a blue dress but it looked so awesome because the backdrop was stark white.

I get a little irritated when the bride tries to control the team (by telling them what dress she wants). If you agree to the show...you have to trust the team (and the wacky wedding planner!)

o

I am also addicted to Bridezillas, its soo funny how some women just let everything get out of control. That show really inspires me how not to be...

o

My husband and I were married on For Better or For Worse in February, 2004. Our episode aired July 21st, 2004. We had never heard of the show before meeting some reps. at a bridal show that we were attending in January, 2004, while planning our own wedding that was originally scheduled for July 31st, 2004. At any rate, it is a bit corny, but entertaining and we enjoyed the experience.

o

Feb04bride...which episode was yours?!

o
RE: Alicia67

Alicia67--

if you go to google.com and enter TLC For Better (or) For Worse you can click on the link to the website for the show. Once on the site, on the left-hand side of the page is a column...click on "show central" and you will see pictures of all the couples who have gotten married on the show in the first two seasons. Click on the pictures to see the dates that the episodes aired. Our air date was July 21st. After doing all that, let me know if you've seen the episode! Ours had an "Old Madrid" theme with coordinator Matt O'Dorisio (I think that's the correct spelling). Anyway..let me know. :)

o
July 21 episode

I saw part of that episode. I think it turned out very beautiful. If I remember correctly, your friends and family had a lot of fun and enjoyed themselves that week.

o

I did see your episode. I really liked the red on your dress. They made it seem like you were going to flip out when you saw the red accents! I think your wedding was one of the nicer final products.

o

I'm glad you both liked our episode!! Yes, what aired on tv made me seem like a ***ch, but I'm really not. I totally enjoyed the experience. Our group did have a good time and I loved my dress, but most importantly, I loved what they did for us and that the day turned out better than I could have imagined. It's amazing what they edited out and what they decided to use, though, because there was so much other stuff we did that I would have liked to see included...but, I guess you can only include so much in an hour episode. :)

o

This is what I wonder...how do they fit the dress? What if it didn't fit? Do the brides really not see it or try it on until right before the wedding? Somwhow it always seems to magically be the right size. How does the bride know what bra, slip, shoes,etc. to have on?

o

Lyndsay, You looked really beautiful in the dress they picked for you. Are there any more pics so we can see the dress details? While reading about your wedding, it said you love purple, but they chose red- how did they get red from purple? Since you were married in Feb, I do think the red has a Valentine feel.

o

Scarlett2001-
I really did not see or touch my dress until about 30 minutes prior to walking down the aisle. (At least it seemed like 30 minutes...it may have been an hour or so, but time goes by sooo fast that day). Anyway...The way it worked for me was that the show required me to get professional measurements taken about a week prior to beginning to film. My dress is based on those measurements. Now for some, their group buys a dress and has it altered to the measurements they were given from the bride. In my case, my dress was made by a designer from scratch, so she made it based on my measurements. Therefore, as long as my weight didn't fluctuate much in the two weeks before I put on the dress, we were fine. But, correct measurements are imperative. Also, as far as undergarments go, I was asked to bring along a couple different types of things (corset, strapless bra, etc.) because they would not tell me what I needed exactly because that may have spoiled the surprise. Same goes for shoes. I brought white heels, clear heels, black, and nude/brown heels. Four pairs of shoes was a drag to carry around, though. :) It all was worth it, though!! But, point is, as far as I know, brides on the show really don't try their dresses on until right before they walk down the aisle.

Roselvr-
Thank you for the compliment!! The dress was a design I would have chosen myself...and my favorite part of it was the sweep train. I do like the color purple, and even remembering telling them I hate the color red and didn't want it anywhere near me on my wedding day, but truth be told, the red looked great. I wouldn't have chosen it myself, but loved the way it turned out nonetheless!! The only pics that I know of to view online are at the TLC website for For Better or For Worse, under "Show Central", then by clicking on our episode. There are 7 pics there and the last 2 are of me and my husband and you can see a bit of the dress.

o

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity on that point.

o

febo4 I cannot find your episode...can you put a link? I did not like an older couple named christine and james....She looked way too old for the dress they gave her to wear.Plus she was a control freak and she got mad at the show for HER breaking the rules.I was sitting there on my chair wanting to wop her A**!!!!lol

o

Janialove--
that is a good idea...instead of explaining how to go there, I should just put a link!!! Sorry guys!! I should have done that in the beginning. Anyway..here is a link to our episode...

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/betterorworse/episodes/episode125/episode125.html

Let me know if you saw us!! --Lyndsay

o

Lyndsay, I'd seen those, was wondering if you have an online album? I guess FBOFW changed the way they do things after one episode I saw, the dress didn't fit the bride properly. I don't see how they could have screwed it up if they measured her. I didn't get to see your episode, hopefully they will rerun it.

o
feb04bride

This is wayyyyy off topic .... I'm just lurking here - no wedding plans, just love weddings!!!!

Anyway, feb04bride: I was reading the story on the FBOFW website and saw that you & your hubby are paramedics - right???? I've been considering making a career change and this is high on my list... would you have any time to "advise" me and lend a "female's perspective"? (In my county they require medics to also complete fire-training as they only hire fire-medics - yikes.) I could contact you privately & vice versa ...

o

Roselvr--I have been married 7 months and have yet to put my album pics in an internet album. Soon, I hope. :) You've made me realize that I need to make it a priority.

Funkill--I loved what I did. I worked for a private ambulance company in conjunction with the LA County Fire Department for 4 years. I recently quit because I am also working on my bachelor and masters degrees and the hours I was working for American Medical Response wasn't making that very easy. At any rate, my husband has been a medic for over 2 years and I am able to still enjoy it through him. I would love to chat with you and give you a female's perspective!! I have some good stories, too. :) You can go to my website to e-mail me if you'd like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lyndsay's Website (under construction)

o

Lyndsay, I was lazy, ended up putting mine on Webshots cause it was easy. I see you've got a little girl, was she a part of the wedding?

o

My daughter, Kennidy, walked me down the aisle with my father. The two of them gave me away. It was very special and made her feel apart of the day. Also, after we said our vows and kissed, she came back up to join us and we were announced as the "Perez Family" and she walked down the aisle with us. Her father is still very much apart of her life (and mine, as we are good friends), but she also had to know that she had a place in this new family.

o

did anyone see the wedding that was moulin rouge themed with bistro bags for food? I am searching for photos of that!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here