Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reception ideas

Posted by mikgarden (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 05 at 19:38

Hello,

First, thank you very much for the thoughtful responses to my first post.

We live in New York city and are thinking about a dinner cruise around Manhattan for a reception of 50 (probably less). Has anyone done this or something similar?

We want something different from the banquet hall type of reception, without dancing.

Has anyone had a reception in the private room of a restaurant that is not far from New York city?

I would love to hear your experiences, ideas and suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reception ideas

I haven't had a dinner cruise, but I love the idea. It will be unique and create great memories for your guests.

o

I have been to a wedding reception dinner that cruised Newport Beach, California, harbor for 4 hours. I liked it so much that I recommended it to a friend for her daughter's Bat Mitzvah. In August our daughter is getting married, and since so many guests are from out of town, the groom's parents are doing the rehearsal dinner cruising Newport Beach Harbor in John Wayne's Wild Goose. My friend's daughter had her Bat Mitzvah over 4 years ago, and her family and friends are still talking about the delightful cruise.

o

My company took the Newport Beach cruise as our office party and it was just great. Here are a few things that came up, though- how would you provide for late comers or those who have to leave early? Will the ship cruise in waters that are not choppy- you don't want seasick people who cannot get off the ship for four hours. Will you have kids there? The whole ship thing changes if there are kids on board.

On the plus side- we didn't have to worry about people driving home after too many drinks- they simply stopped serving alcohol at a certain point. We were able to cruise inside a breakwater, so no motion at all to make people seasick. And it was wonderfully romantic!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here