Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Me in my dress (pic)

Posted by sunshine4376 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 04 at 19:22

So here's my dress...it's wrinkly from being just pulled out of the box...and I need a crinoline...and I wore a strapless bra that I shouldn't have. Other than that...here it is.

I'd like to remove the train, I thought about making a wedding album cover out of it. FMIL suggested I cut it off after the wedding, but I'm not a fan of bustles. I might go with a french bustle though...I think they are very pretty.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Me in my dress (pic)

It is gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it! Enjoy!

o

Oh, you are so beautiful in your wedding dress. How exciting!

o

What a beautiful dress! And you look FABULOUS in it!
My dress laced up the back too, and people are still talking about it.
Penny

o

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm not sure you even need a crinoline. Unless you want the poof, that is.

Andrea :o)

o

I'd definitely skip the crinoline with a perfect figure like yours! I'm sure it would be gorgeous either way, but I'd vote to keep the long, smooth vertical line (and not have anything scratchy and noisy underneath). I also like your idea about removing the train. It's beautiful, and it looks so elegant in formal portraits, but I think trains are sort of a nuisance when they are down, and I have seen too many brides have to take a break to re-bustle because the bustling fell down. Here, too, though, it's a no-lose choice: either way will look great.

o

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

Andrea and Gellchom, I don't want a large crinoline (I actually didn't want one at all) but the dress kind of falls in the front, at the bottom of the skirt it curves in at the centre and we couldn't fix that...perhaps if I get it hemmed it wouldn't do that anymore. I was only thinking of getting one that's more of a slip just to straighten out the bottom. It only just occured to me that hemming it (it is a little long for me as I was already wearing my shoes) might fix the problem so I will look into that.

Gellchom, I also have seen the train have to be re-bustled and have no desire to have to do that.

o

I love the back, the detail is stunning, and the lace up is very pretty. You look awesome! You hubby is a lucky guy :)
Boo

o

Ah, I see what you mean. I'm sure you will look beautiful, no matter what you decide!

Andrea :o)

o

yep, I see, too. I was picturing one of those really wide ones. I think you are talking about a crinoline that doesn't make the skirt poof out, just sort of holds it neatly while keeping the vertical line. Is that right?

Wow, it really is SO pretty! Isn't this fun?

o

your dress is BEAUTIFUL...Congrats!!

o

Gellchom, yes, I'm talking about just enough to fill out the bottom of the skirt...I don't want any poof. The skirt has a built in crinoline from the knee down, so I'm thinking of just adding another one to that to hold the bottom out. My friends mom has made wedding dresses and would be able to do this for me very easily apparently.

Boo, I love all the beading at the back and the laces.
Andrea and Springbride, thank you...I can't wait to see it with some jewellery or a tiara...or longer hair.

o

It's beautiful and you look fantastic in it! I love the details on the bodice.

o

BEAUTIFUL!!

How exciting :)

-DuckyHead

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here