Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carry a purse?

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 18:50

Does the mother of the bride or groom carry a purse? Probably not, but I'm thinking about car keys, kleenex, lipstick, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carry a purse?

Sure. You're going to want to carry your things the same as any other time. Just have someone else hold it for you for your trip down the aisle.

o

Another option is to place it in the bride's dressing room during the ceremony, or in any secure location. You can place tissues in your husband's jacket pocket so that they are handy when needed during the ceremony.

o

As a wedding consultant I have seen many different trips down the aisle. I have had a mother carry a rosary that was passed down from generation to generation. I have also seen a MOB carry a bouquet. Purses are not that uncommon. My only suggestion would be to carry a formal clutch or one that has a small handle. Good luck!
Kimberly Grubbs
And Ever After
Full Service Wedding and Event Planning

Here is a link that might be useful: And Ever After

o

I had an usher make a trip down the aisle before many people had begun to arrive and place my purse in the pew I would occupy.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here