Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower invitation request

Posted by Robin_NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 04 at 18:14

I rec'd a shower invitation for a wedding. On the invitation they are asking for a Wishing Well gift. It's not the usual wishing well gift(household things, etc.) This couple each had their own place. The theme for the wishing well is "romance". What suggestions would you have for this. My friend said something like candles would be romantic. Please may I have your thoughts on this. The shower is at the end of August. Thank you so much, Robin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower invitation request

My daughter had her bridal shower in May and the theme was Romance. Some items she received were candles, bubble baths,lotions and creams from V's Secret, some romantic movies such as Sleepless in Seattle etc., bottle of wine and wine glasses, sexy lingerie, a picnic basket for two with wine and cheese, and to top it off some of her co-workers pitched in for a hotel room. We all had a great time and daughter was just thrilled!

o

Robin, how about a gift certificate to a restaurant? This gives them an excuse to have a romantic dinner out.

o

A beautiful lingere or sleepwear item.

o

those are all bigger than "Wishing Well" gifts--if that Wishing Well will be the same as at showers I've been to.

At the showers I've been to, the Wishing Well is for inexpensive little gifts--cleaning solution, a can of tomato sauce, and a dish-sponge-on-a-wand were some of the things I got. Those are a great deal less expensive than a gift certificate for dinner or a piece of lingerie. Then people also gave another, larger "shower gift."

I'm trying to think of things that cost about $5.

Massage oil
book about massage
small vase (for flowers to go into)
pink lightbulb
a little book w/ the Victorian language of flowers
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=zg6q01q9lp&isbn=0486273725&itm=1

The problem I personally would have is that "romance" is very amorphous, and these sorts of things always morph into being about sex--which embarrasses me. It's just unseemly, IMO, to talk in front of someone else about one's sex life. So I'd go for the flower book, and squirm through the opening of all the other sex-related books.

Here is a link that might be useful: massage oil for $7

o

How about music - smooth jazz would be my pick, but you might know better what they like.

Or a book of love poetry, if they seem like a couple who would enjoy it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here