Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you's - for those already married

Posted by sionnanriver (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 14, 06 at 17:35

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get the thank you's sent out?

I had a small wedding and it was important to thank everyone right away. I'd say I had them all sent in a month or less.

DH's brother and wife have taken a year and still haven't sent any out. I'm turning blue from holding my breath in anticipation. Haha! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you's - for those already married

I wrote them immediately when gifts came in before the wedding. As it got close to the wedding (and after showers) and they started to pile up, I'd try to do 10 each day plus the number of gifts received that day. It felt much better not to get too far behind. After the wedding, I did at least 10 per day, so they were finished soon, definitely well within a month. And we were plenty busy; we moved to a new city and my husband started a new job (and I started a job search) immediately after the honeymoon.

I agree with you that it is a top priority to get them out as fast as possible. A delay of several months is rude, because it shows lack of enthusiasm for showing gratitude. And it is much pleasanter to do them fast; none of that nagging feeling of a put-off job.

o

I got mine out promptly after the honeymoon. This is not a task to procrastinate about one bit, and to fail is very bad manners. We attended a wedding recently, gifted two china platters, got no note. I hate to ask, and I hate to not ask. I wonder if they were stolen at the wedding.

o

Unfortunately, what your brother and his wife have done is becoming all too common today. To me, not sending a thank you note indicates that the bride and groom feel that it was their right to receive a gift and no thought is given to the giver and the time that they spent in shopping, wrapping, etc., much less attending the wedding. A thank you is a very small way to show consideration for others.

o

About a month after the honeymoon for a wedding of 125 guests, handwritten and actually signed by each of us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here