Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Las Vegas Wedding

Posted by secondtimebride (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 6, 09 at 17:23

Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy (not cheesy or rushed) place to marry in Vegas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Las Vegas Wedding

I'm getting married in September and researched Las Vegas a lot for venues.

All depends on your budget and you can have the wedding of your choice. There are lots of chapels that have different packages. The little chapel of flowers seems very popular and has great reviews.

We decided to rent the Vista Suite and the Mandalay Bay and are getting married and having our reception there.
It's 1700 square feet and can accomodate up to 75 people. It's on the top floor of the MB and you can see all the lights of the strip there.

Congradulations on your wedding!

o

As Joyce69 mentioned, it depends on your budget and exactly what you want to do. You can find resorts in the area that offer ceremony and reception options that allow you to have a more relaxed event rather than the assembly-line weddings that tend to occur in Vegas.

o

Is getting married in Las Vegas what you really want to do?

From your original post, it sounds like you view "a Las Vegas wedding" in a certain light, and that this preconceived notion is not what you're looking for. I get the sense that you might spend your entire married life explaining "It was really nice -- Not one of your cheesy quicky Las Vegas weddings..."

There are lots of places where you can get married 'hassle-free', including cruise ships and many foreign countries (Carribbean). Might that be more what you're looking for?

o

Secondtime, Also a second timer and had a beautiful, elegant wedding in Las Vegas..You can find a chapel in most of the hotels(google Lasvegasweddings and look at photos)You can choose a secular or non secular ceremony, my complaint was ceremony in a hotel chapel was lovely, minister did great job, but did seem short, ten minutes or so. I m sure you can add your own vows and make it a longer more meaningful if you wanted to...I had a more difficult time finding a venue for 25 for afternoon reception, but I found just the ideal place on lasvegasweddings(Four Seasons Hotel)All the guests said it was the most elegant dinner they had ever had, I m sure you can find a place without explaining the rest of your married life why you got married in Las Vegas..Its a town with many options, its not all Elvis chapels and sleaze...With a little research, I m sure you ll find just what you re looking for Congrats!!!

o

I second a nice hotel venue. You can view the facilities online for almost all of them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here