Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My dress arrived today!!!

Posted by sunshine4376 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 04 at 15:45

I'm so excited. I can't get into it by myself so I can't post any pics yet. But as soon as I try it on I'll have sone pics taken and post them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My dress arrived today!!!

OOOH! That's great!

I think the dress was one of the more exciting parts of the pre-ceremony events! Just trying it on and imagining yourself walking into the church/hall and your soon-to-be-hubby up there watching you, it's pretty terrific!

o

I have my dress too! It is over at my mom's house with my shoes, slip and tiara. I tried it on once by myself and just about died! I spent an hour it seems twirling around the house and dancing with myself! I can't get anyone to take my picture in it though! The company's website doesn't do the picture justice.

o

Tonight's the night I get to try it on. I did try by myself but I could do up the laces at the back. Why can't you get anyone to take your picture in it? No one will do it or are they afraid you'll show DF?

o

Everytime I go over to my mom's with the digital camera she has an excuse not to take the picture...I secretly think she still thinks I am a clutz and will mess up the dress! My only other option is to have my son take the picture and he is a blabbermouth galore...One of these days I will get pictures taken. I am altering the dress too...it has a sweep train that will be cut to be ankle length...I have Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy visions in my head...the men will be in cutaway jackets, grey vests and pinstriped trousers...I just love that look.

o

OOOH!! So you want to cut off your train too? I want to and I keep getting grief for it. It's pretty but I really don't want to have a bustle...also, it's just not my style. Have you gotten grief about cutting off the train?

o

Actually I haven't gotten grief about cutting the train off...only from David's Bridal and they don't count! I want it off for several reasons, the first being that I am 35 and I feel silly in a big wedding dress, the second is I want to be comfortable in the dress and not worry about someone stepping on it or me tripping.
I was going to have my mom take before pictures today but I just had my bangs cut and they are too short. I look like Buster Brown and that is not the look I am going for!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here