Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I word the reception card...

Posted by Sue7972 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 05 at 15:18

to indicate that ladies might want to bring comfortable shoes to change into and a wrap. My daughter's reception is being held outside, and we don't want anyone's heels sinking into the ground...
Thanks.
Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I word the reception card...

How about, "Outdoor reception following the ceremony." Or "Garden reception...." ?

o

maybe people will think "outdoor" means patio; you could try "reception on the lawn"?

o

We are doing outdoors overlook the harbor. On the wedding invitation with the address we listed the name of the lawn. They should know from that.

o
RE: How do I word the reception card...ps

Or on the invitation--
Garden Reception to follow

o

Why is it necessary to indicate where the reception will be held other than the name and address of the facility? If the ceremony and reception are in the same location, then it should be sufficient to say "Reception following the ceremony."

o

The reception is being held in a different location than the wedding. The dinner is in my neighbor's garden and the dancing is in mine. We wanted the ladies to know that their heels might sink into the lawn. So we finally settled on Garden Reception.

o

I have absolutely ruined heels at outdoor occasions, especially groundbreaking dedications. The leather on the high heel is peeled back like a banana when the heel sinks into ground, especially if it is rough ground. So the hostess is being thoughtful with this addition to her invitations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here