Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mob showing everyone the dress

Posted by maddielee (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 28, 06 at 15:08

What do you think?

The mother of a bride (wedding in December) is showing almost everyone she meets pictures of the wedding dress that were taken when the bride was having it fitted.

Shouldn't THE DRESS be a surprise for everyone?

ML

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mob showing everyone the dress

Oh dear, I would hope the bride has no problem wth this. Yes, it will reduce the WOW factor, and that is too bad.

o
RE: mob showing everyone the dress

I don't think it is that big a deal, really. If the bride cares, she should just ask her mom to cut it out. But I think a lot of brides (and for that matter, mothers, too) overestimate the level of excitement guests have about their dresses -- really, have you ever felt yourself consumed with anticipation about someone else's dress? I enjoy seeing pretty gowns as much as anyone else, but as a guest, I don't look forward to being surprised or for that matter "wowed" by the clothes. I am happy to see the bride look beautiful and happy, whether I already knew what the dress was like or not -- believe me, I've seen beaming brides in simple dresses who took my breath away, and brides who who spent a fortune on clothes, hair, and makeup but looked like they were carrying more than wearing their elaborate dresses and just looked too "done" and uncomfortable to look their best. I am more interested in looking at the happy, proud faces than at the clothes. I think that a bride whose face shows that she is thinking about how happy she is about marrying her sweetheart looks a lot better than one who is thinking "Look At My Magnificent Dress!"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here