SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morrisonsmymuse

The most beautiful bouquets EVER!

morrisonsMYmuse
18 years ago

MY best friend is getting married in a couple of weeks (she's having a backyard bbq with a luau theme) and she's been trying to plan around a tiny budget (a couple hundred dollars) as they're expecting a baby in september. but she had pretty much resigned herself to not having any flowers at her wedding (we were all going to wear leis) but last night we were hanging around walmart and found some of the most beautiful flowers. we bought several calla lilies and some brightly colored day lilies (orange, red, blue, yellow, and pink) and made some of the most beautiful bouquets i've ever seen in my life. all we did was center the calla between four day lilies and wrap the stems in fishing line (cheaper than clear craft string) and wrap ribbons around them. for the bride's bouquet we used red and white day lilies and three white callas and used a string of tiny irridescent pearls we found to dress it up a bit. and here's the kicker. we made six gorgeous bouquets for only $40. that's a FIFTH of what i'm spending on my wedding flowers. and it's so simple. needless to say, then grooms men are the only ones wearing leis now.

just thought i'd share my discovery of the cheap cheap cheap alternative to a high-priced florist.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022