SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homedecor3_gw

Should I step down as a bridesmaid?

Homedecor3
10 years ago

I�m considering stepping back from being a bridesmaid in my friend�s wedding. I�ve known her since high school and we are now in our late 20s. In the last 2 years our relationship has been distant, we live in different states and she is not good at staying in touch. The bride acted as though she wanted my opinion regarding a bridesmaid dress. I felt like I was being very accommodating. She wanted a certain color as well as short and strapless dress and I said fine. However, the one request I made was an alternative option to the tight fitting dresses she was interested in. One that was a little more forgiving; for example, had some type flow or was a A-line dress. I�m the most heavy-set bridesmaid and made it very clear that I was uncomfortable wearing the dresses she wanted the most. She gave us 4 choices, although, they are the same basic style with limited differences. She has chosen the dresses, without including an option geared towards me. I again made it clear how uncomfortable I felt. I know they always say it�s the bride�s choice. However, I find myself become more resentful due to feeling my friend has not taken my body type or concerns into consideration. I can definitely wear the dress, but as the wedding is 8 months away and I�m already find myself upset- is it really worth it to stay in this position. I see myself just becoming more resentful vs. accepting of her choices. As a supportive friend, I find it hard to understand why she did not take my very vocal concerns into consideration. Any suggests?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling