Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sample gowns

Posted by ilgirl (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 07 at 13:59

i'm new to dress shopping and i'm considering getting a sample gown. i've seen all the wonderful advice about what to look for when doing this. my question is... do you have to wait until a store has a sample sale or is it bad form to ask the store if they'd be willing to sell the sample? thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sample gowns

it doesn't hurt to ask. Most places have them when their not carrying certain styles or companies. I do know we bought a beautiful Mori Lee for $99. They were not going to carry the line anymore

o

It won't hurt to ask if they have sample gowns for sale. They may not put them out on display in the shop and keep them in back so that people are more likely to purchase one that is ordered.

But, you ask "It bad form to ask the store if they'd be willing to sell the sample?"

It is tacky to ask to purchase the sample dress that you have your eye on but do not want to order. They are not going to sell you the sample off the hanger as they NEED IT for other customers to view so they can get orders for it. They won't be able to get many orders for dresses that customers can't see and try on.

Its the same reason furniture stores won't sell showroom furniture. They need it on display to get the orders. When the manufacturer ceases production of a certain piece, then they will sell floor samples as 'scatch and dent' sale furniture.

o

You can also ask WHEN they will have the next sample sale.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here