Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What should I wear to a Connecticut wedding?

Posted by southernbelle_2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 07 at 13:09

My husband's best friend (he will be the best man) is getting married at St. Clements castle in Connecticut near the end of September - the time is 12:00-5:00. What do I wear to the wedding, rehearsal dinner, etc. I'm from the deep south and have no idea what the weather will be like, etc. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What should I wear to a Connecticut wedding?

Because the wedding is in the daytime, a nice dressy suit or dress with a jacket should be safe. The end of September could be 80 degrees and it could be 65 degrees, so wearing a dress or skirt with a jacket should be safe.

o
RE: What should I wear to a Connecticut wedding?

I second the vote for something that will allow for the weather. I've attended several weddings in Connecticut, traveling up from Fl. The first one I was not prepared for and had to go out and buy a light coat and sweater. Think dressy layers -- a semi formal suit would work or a nice dress with jacket. You are not quite into full cocktail time, so extra dressy may not be the "thing" as groomsman DH may be able to inquire regarding how fancy the bridesmaids and bridal gown will be; or even what the bride and grooms mothers will wear. That may allow you to dress in a more suiting manner.

Just remember to smile and have fun!

Susan

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here