Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No into all attention in First dance??

Posted by betsaida (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 4, 04 at 10:55

Does anyone know a unique way in doing the first dance? we really dont like having all the attention prefer something with other people dancing..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No into all attention in First dance??

You could have someone be out on the floor showing people how to do a certain dance. I remember the dj at our high school prom did that; he got out of his "booth" and did a practice dance of Boot Scootin' Boogie with everyone, because they were kind of floundering on the steps. : D

o

You do not need to have first dances if you prefer not to. Simply have your cake cutting and toasts, then ask the DJ to invite all of the guests to the dance floor. Most guests won't realize that you omitted first dances. If you and your fiance don't feel comfortable dancing in front of a crowd (or dads or moms either), then don't put yourself through it. It is fine to omit any or all first dances.

o

I've seen it done where the bride and groom start the dancing and maybe 20-30 seconds into the song, the bridal party joins them on the dance floor. That way your guests get the photo op they want but you're only in the spotlight for a short time. Or you could start the dancing with the entire bridal party on the dance floor with you.

Andrea :o)

o

I agree with splinter. My husband and I were really nervous about the first dance as well but once we got out there on the floor, it was kind of special with it being just us two on the floor. There were alot of people who took pictures at the time and we even got one with him singing to me. I don't think I would have changed it even though we were both really nervous.

Springbride04

o

That's how we did it at our wedding. My husband and I went out to the floor after the wedding party had gone onto the floor and were standing in a semi-circle there. We started dancing and a minute later the others joined in.

We also had a short song, although it was one that had much meaning for us! Amazed by Lonestar

o

>Posted by: Snapdragon
We also had a short song, although it was one that had much meaning for us! Amazed by Lonestar>

Cool. Amazed is one of my fave songs : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here