Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Displaying food on Buffet

Posted by Malachite (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 04 at 0:29

We are do it yourself kind of folks and were wondering how to display the food on the buffet table. We have the warm food taken care of, but want the cold foods in a tier.

Any ideas on how best to achieve this? Like.. what to put it on, how to decorate.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Displaying food on Buffet

A simple and beautiful way is to take assorted sized boxes (cardboard is fine) and arrange them on the table, on top of the tablecloth. Then take some fabric or another tablecloth and cover the boxes, poofing the excess material as needed. Finish by putting pretty greens and baby's breath around. You can also add pretty ribbon swirling through to match the color of your wedding.

By pretty greens I do NOT mean leatherleaf - personal dislike ;) One of my favorites is flat or "silver dollar" eucalyptus. It must be *fresh*, not dried.

If you want an arier look, tree fern is lovely. If you use this, make sure you see it first, some florists will give you sprengeri, which is spikey and while nice, doesn't work as well in my opinion.

Below are some photos with ideas.

one

two

three

four

five

six

seven

o

Very nice! Thank you!

o

Even sturdier than cardboard boxes are plastic milk crates. You can purchase them very inexpensively at dollar stores or discount stores. Place them upside down on the tables and drape with a tablecloth.

o

Right about the milk crates. But don't do your "risers" all the same size/height. Just about anything you can think of that is sturdy will work. Look around in your basement and garage. Even pots from your kitchen will work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here