SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine4376

I need ideas for ceremony timing

sunshine4376
19 years ago

We went today to look at a beach (grassy park overlooking an inlet) for the ceremony (the reception will be in a backyard). It's a fairly crowded beach but the grassy area that we would use is much less crowded. Our plan was to have the ceremony at around 2pm and then have a dinner (buffet) reception. It will be about a half hour drive to the reception and probabaly about a half hour or so for pictures (which the ceremony site will be great for). We would like to keep the reception as a dinner thing because afterwards most of the guests will stay and pretty much party all night (which is why we like the backyard idea).

The problem is that the beach will be too busy by 2pm and we would prefer to have it a little earlier so we aren't drowned out by people around us. I was thinking that we could do an early dinner (perhaps around 4pm-ish) so my question is how early do you think we could get away with having the ceremony (keeping in mind travel time and picture time) without making it too much of an incovenience for our guests? I'm thinking around 11am would be kind of ideal.

Comments (5)