Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEED: poem/reading about blending the bride and grooms families

Posted by Malachite (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 04 at 19:43

I am looking for a poem/reading about blending the bride and grooms families together. Their parents, siblings, etc..

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEED: poem/reading about blending the bride and grooms famili

How about, "May this family combine as one in love and harmoy."

o

Do you have the words? I am not able to find them.

o

Unity Candle ceremony:

Personalized pillar candle and individual personalized tapers and gave each child a personalized taper.

The ceremony was actually a Family Unity Ceremony. All children write a congratulation and thank you note to the bride and groom. Once the Unity Candle was lit, take turns lighting their tapers from the pillar and in unison, recited the following:

"As I light my candle from the Unity Candle, I feel the warmth, love and excitement of my new, larger family.
Thank you(BRIDE'S NAME or MOM or MOTHER) and (GROOM'S NAME or DAD or FATHER) for having given me an extended family to love and be loved by. Congratulations! I love you!

Groom: "(childrens names), I want you to know that I dearly love your mother. We have become very good friends over the weeks and months and we have learned to love each other. As you have so graciously shared this wonderful woman with me, so will I share the love I feel for her with you.

Together, we will learn much more about each other. I promise also to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your mom, and in due time, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your hearts that is for me alone. I will be father and friend, and I will cherish my life with all of you. On this day when I marry your mom, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own."

Bride: "(childrens names), I want you to know that I dearly love your father. We have become very good friends over the weeks and months and we have learned to love each other. As you have so graciously shared this wonderful man with me, so will I share the love I feel for him with both of you. Together, we will learn much more about each other.

I promise also to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your dad, and in due time, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your hearts that is for me alone. I will be mother and friend, and I will cherish my life with both of you. On this day when I marry your dad, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own."

The bride and grooms children then responded to the following vows when read by the pastor:

(Childrens names), do you promise to love your mother and her new husband?

Children respond: "I do."

Do you promise to support their marriage and your new family?

Do you promise to accept the responsibility of being their children, and to encourage them, support them, and accept them just as our heavenly Father accepts us?

(Children names), do you promise to love your father and his new wife?

Do you promise to support their marriage and your new family?

Do you promise to accept the responsibility of being their children, and to encourage them, support them, and accept them just as our heavenly Father accepts us?

Today is the wedding
Of more than just two.
We're blending our families
With love that is true.

Today marks the birth
Of a new family:
One that is special
For all here to see

Today's a Day of Love Not Just for Us
by Nicholas Gordon.
Today's a day of love not just for us,
But for all of those who brought us here.
So please excuse us if we make a fuss
Over you, the ones we hold most dear.
In you we see the love we replicate
By joining on this day our separate lives.
Our choice was neither accident nor fate,
But homage to good husbands and sweet wives.
We hope to make a family just like yours,
And be to our children parents much like you.
You have been to us wide-open doors
Onto a serene and peaceful view.
We look to you with gratitude and pride.
What joy this day to have you at our side!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here