Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monogrammed stickers

Posted by KathyG_in_MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 05 at 18:17

Anyone know where to order monogramed stickers? They (my son and FDIL) are thinking of getting stickers made up in pink and silver(?) and putting them on the centerpiece candles to personalize them. What about from the places you buy wedding invites from?
Kathy G in MI

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monogrammed stickers

Kathy, try going to Miles Kimball for the stickers, they have all sorts of personalized items. That's where I ordered the pencils for my DIL bridal shower from.

I know how you can put anything you want on a candle if you own a computer and printer.

Simple create the design you want on the candle in an art program, like Publisher or Paint--it can include words, clip-art, even photographs. Tape a piece of white tissue paper onto a piece of 8x10 card stock and print your design onto the tissue paper. It takes some practice to get the tissue paper taped so it remains smooth during the print process.

Cut around your tissue paper design as close to the edge as possible. Hold it onto the candle and with a craft blow dryer, go over the design. After a few seconds, a thin layer of wax will melt and soak through the tissue paper. The tissue paper will disappear and you will be left with a smooth candle and your design. Depending on the finished size of the design, you can make as many fit onto the one sheet of paper.

Try it on a votive and see how you like it. The first time I saw it, I was amazed at how simple and impressive the end result is. They can even use trim or pearl pins to outline a circle or oval around their design to make them dressier.

Good luck.

o

wow dian, that is amazing. i think i'm going to try that... it's very cheap and will add a nice touch to my centerpieces...thanks for that...

o

Here's what it looks like on a candle:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Excellent idea Dian! I am also going to try it for my reception!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here