Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it doable?

Posted by agnesackneback (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 17:05

We found the place: Outside, garden-esque, close to home, almost perfect. However, if we book it, the only date that doesn't conflict with weather and schedules is August 31st. Nothing has been set in motion, yet, not even my dress. Do you think 2 1/2 months is feasible to do everything?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it doable?

It depends on a few things:

1) for how many people? A big wedding might be hard; it's possible, but it may be more stressful than it's worth. If you are envisioning a small wedding, I think it's fine, but let your guests know the date ASAP even if it means sending out emails or something before you can get the invitation together.

2) does someone have a lot of time to devote to this?

3) is your officiant free that day?

4) how picky are you about having certain caterer, band, florist? Flexibility will help you with a short time frame

5) can you hire a coordinator? That will make it easy. In my opinion, they are worth their fee in peace of mind alone.

Congratulations and good luck!

o

In a word, yes! A young friend of mine got married just 4 weeks ago. Her wedding was every bit as elaborate as my daughter's was. We took 7 months to plan my daughter's wedding (300+ guests). My friend did it in 10 days (not quite as many guests -- but still, a lot).

But:

They had a LOT of help -- everyone pitched in...parents, friends, aunts, uncles, cousins

They didn't spend a lot of time *deciding* on things. No wavering between this decoration or that, this menu or that one.

In some ways, I think her wedding was *less* stressful because of those factors!

o

Thank you both for your input. It's very reassuring.

At first it was going to be a small wedding but now it's a 100-person guest list. Which is small in comparison to most weddings I've been to, but a lot bigger than I ever thought it would be.

It's not going to be just one person devoted. Right now, my fianc, my mother, and I are trying to do it all together. I know on the actual day it'll be my mother in charge. She likes to take charge, so that could be a good thing.

We just got the ball rolling on this yesterday and so far, we have our officiant (soon to be brother-in-law was ordained, last night, on the computer) and photographer (a friend that is a bonafide professional photographer - lucked out on that one. Side note: he also painted our house in trade hehe). Everything else is still up in the air. Have to make plenty of calls today.

If we can pull this off for under $4,000, I will be amazed. But we're off to a good start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here