Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Only Daughter Marries in three weeks

Posted by bluelou (My Page) on
Tue, May 16, 06 at 22:20

I want to put together a bag that I will need the day of the wedding with aspirin, needle and thread, etc. I need all your ideas of what else I might need that day to keep the bride and groom and wedding party in tip top shape for any emergency that may arrive. Please give me your suggestions or what you had on hand the day your child got married. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Only Daughter Marries in three weeks

Maybe antiperspirant, baby powder, pantyhose, bandaids, disposable razor, mouthwash, toothpaste and brush, comb, brush, hairspray, lip balm, sunscreen, clear nail polish, emery board, scissors, tissues, and maybe one of those new Tide sticks. I also like that spray that gets wrinkles out -- it works pretty well. Remember that you can return unused items to the store, or use them another time yourself.

I wouldn't worry too much, though. They aren't really any more likely to need anything than any other evening out.

o

As a wedding coordinator I carry a bag like that to all of my weddings. The things that are most often needed are safety pins, needle and thread, and Scotch tape. I get occasional calls for duct tape and asperin. The primary problem requiring needle and thread is tuxedo buttons that come off.

o

I was a MOB too! The A number one thing we used in our emergency kit was static guard! Shout wipes were pretty handy too.

o

I have made "Mother of the Bride" survival kits for some of my friends. Most everything I included has been listed. I think the only other things I added were GasX, wine, an "Our Lady of Miracles" votive candle, stress relief aromatherapy oil and an energy bar.

o

A few things to add to the basket is nail glue, nail files, benedryl or an ointment with hydrocortisone for hives.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here