SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dailycollector

Planning Medieval Wedding For 25th Ann.

dailycollector
16 years ago

We are planning to renew our wedding vows at the local Renaissance Festival for our 25th anniversary. When we got married, we didn't have a church wedding or anything; stopped at grocery store for bouquet on the way to the JP! So, we're excited about this! However, need some ideas for decorations at reception, and ceremony ideas. I'm so overwhelmed, I don't even know what questions to ask!!

We're in our 50's, so don't want frilly things young people are doing, yet want to make it memorable. He's scottish, I'm Irish, so will be incorporating our family crests/tartans into our clothes somehow and on cake. Ceremony will take place in Sept.

1. We would like to have a banner of our family crests. Should we have a banner showing both crests, his alone or combine both crests into one?

2. What decorations should we use at reception? (it will take place at a medieval banquet put on by the festival, so we will only have a section.)

3. For the cake, we were thinking of using a dragon figurine for the cake top, with small pieces of our tartans draped along sides. Would it be ok to have cupcakes instead of a large cake? There will only be about 20 people attending.

4. For favors, we were thinking of mini bottles of Scotch Whiskey Liqueur with our info on it (festival said it's ok). How do we display it? Any other ideas for favors or table decorations? We won't be using assigned seating. Only for us.

5. Any other suggestions?

Sorry for this being so long. As I said, I'm really overwhelmed and need some help!! Thanks!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone