SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socaldisneydude

Uninvited to best friends wedding.

socaldisneydude
16 years ago

Here's a sad little story about how one of my best friends that I have known for 15 years got married and how I was uninvited to teh weeding.

George and I had been friends since high school and have experienced many adventures and have remained close friends for many years. All that changed when he suddenly joined this "cult" ,as I call it, called Prepaid Legal. For those of you familiar with this organization/pyramid scheme you know exactly what I'm talking about. After he was brainwashed by these people he changed. He no longer enjoyed hanging out and talking. No longer enjoyed going hiking or catching a movie. No longer seemed to enjoy doing the things he used to love to do. Now he was consumed by this prepaid legal obsession and that's all he would ever talk about and if we went anywhere that's all he would ever do. It was almost as though he was a born again christian shoving jesus down your throat every chance he got. Sadly, this did put a strain on our friendship and we saw each other less and less.

5 years later, after only a few phone conversations and meetings he calls me up one day and tells me he's getting married. I didn't even know he was dating anyone so I was in shock. He asked for my address so he could send me an invitation. I gave it to him.

Three weeks before the wedding I had still not received the invitation. I called him up to find out what happened. I was assuming the postal service lost it or he sent it to the wrong address or something. His response was "Oh, we decided to have a more intimate wedding with some close friends and family". So I asked him again about my invitaion and he responded with the same response. In other words, I wasn't considered a close friend anymore. We were best friends for so long and now I'm suddenly not good enough to be invited to his wedding but yet I'm sure all of his Prepaid Legal buddies were invited.

So, there's my story. I'm still angry over the fact that he called and told me he was getting married and then asked for my address so he could mail me an invitation when he really had no intention of inviting me in the first place. I would have rather not been told about the wedding and found out later on then what he did. He's dead to me and our friendship of 15 years is totally over.

Moral of the story. If you don't really want a person at your wedding, don't mention youre having a wedding.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landmark Surfaces / United Granite
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Award Winning Countertop Fabricator & Installer in Northern Virginia