SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

I can't decide on a time...

jamie_mt
19 years ago

Well, our halloween wedding has been moved up to Aug. 20th, due to the necessity to stay here and have a wedding instead of eloping (long story). The wedding part doesn't bug me - we've agreed to a very small "immediate family-only" wedding in the backyard of my future in-laws (his dad is a wonderful gardener...Dahlias will be in bloom then), so there will be about about 10 people total, including us and the officiant. Very casual and laid back, no worries. Announcements will be sent out with pictures the following week to friends and relatives (my dad will take the pictures digitally, I will edit and print them, and make the announcements myself - very casual format). :-)

The only thing I can't decide on is the time of day to get married. It won't be a long ceremony at all - no processional or anything, just the exchanging of traditional vows and rings, and pronouncing us married, but I'd like to time it just before a meal. Since there will be so few of us, I think it would be nice to have a meal ready for immediately after the ceremony (we are not going to have a separate reception).

Late August here is typically bone dry and very hot...so mid-afternoon is *absolutely out*. So my choices are to do it in the morning, followed by a brunch, or in the evening around 7pm, followed by a late dinner. Either way, it will be very casual...I'm wearing a white skirt & jacket suit, and DF will wear a nice pair of slacks, shirt, and maybe a jacket (it's up to him). Our family is welcome to wear whatever they are most comfortable in - I won't be offended at seeing jeans if they'd like. LOL

So what do you think about time of day - is there a reason you'd pick one time over the other? My fiance doesn't care and neither does my side of the family...so this is pretty much up to me (and I have no strong feelings one way or the other either, which is why I'm asking you LOL). I will ask my MIL for her opinion too, of course. ;-)

Thanks! :-)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH