Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bridal bouquet preservation

Posted by drema_dianne (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 04 at 13:22

My daughter is getting married and I am trying to figure out who is a reputable person to save the bouquet? There are so many choices, and because I only have one chance to do this right, I don't want to pick the wrong one. Do any of you know someone who has done this? I am thinking of the freeze dried picture type idea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bridal bouquet preservation

I would imagine you could ask whoever is doing your daughter's flowers for recommendations. But I found this site with different display ideas once the bouquet has been freeze dried. I think it's a great idea if costs are reasonable to preserve the bouquet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Preserving Wedding Bouquets

o

IMO its better and cheaper to do a silk bouquet, this way the boquet can be saved in its entire 3D form, and you could preserve it in a clear plastic box. You know those type of thick boxes that they had for beanie babies at one point. My friend had her boquet sprayed wiht something and then she had put it into a box like this. She still ahs it in lher living room after three years of being married...
Just a thought, it might make your search a lot less stressful.

o

I did notice how expensive it was to preserve the bouquet in those shadow box type frames. The cost of preserving can actually be more than the cost of the bouquet itself. I personally like silk flowers and nowadays they look so natural. But I realize that fresh flowers can be a real important aspect to a lot of brides. If preserving the whole bouquet becomes too expensive, maybe just having a couple of the flowers preserved, plus the bow or other embelishments. The rest of the petals can maybe be made into potpouri

o

If you do decide to preserve fresh flowers, such as by drying them, discuss with your florist what flowers are most suitable. I dried my stepdaughter's bouquet using silica gel, but she'd already selected her flowers before she decided she wanted to dry them later. Some flowers dry well - roses for example - and some are too fragile, and these were unsuccessful.

If you decide to do this yourself, bear in mind that the bouquet has to be taken apart, each flower dried individually, then wired and reassembled. It's a lot of work, hence the high prices charged.

On the other hand, her bridesmaid's flowers were a simple rose posy - these dried perfectly by hanging the posy upside down in a dry cool room.

All dried flowers will fade so discuss these with your florist.

o

Thanks for the input! I appreciate the help.

o

Our bridal consultant recommended someone to us and we were more than pleased with the results. Since consultants have tons of contacts for all aspects of a wedding you should be able to find a good service for preserving your flowers. Even if you're NOT using a bridal service most would be more than glad to recommend someone and shouldn't mind if you go in and have a look around. A full service bridal consultant is your best bet, as they're usually set up to have invitations, accessories like ring pillows and guest books, etc. on display. Ours had 3 wedding cake sources with catalogs of what their cakes looked like----you could choose who you wanted according to price, etc. Same with photographers, reception sites and the list goes on. They all recommend each other---keeps them all in business for themselves come to think of it. Give it a try and good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here