Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rehearsal Dinner II

Posted by ginnier (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 08 at 12:37

Thanks for all the posts about doing the dinner...it's cool to hear what you have done for your RD's. The kids want to do a sit down dinner at a restaurant. They are doing this wedding mostly on their own, so they don't want to prepare all the food on the eve of the Big Day. So I guess I just need to find a place that'll seat all 60 or 70 of us. We were leaning towards a restaurant since the atmosphere would already "be there" and then we wouldn't have to decorate as much. I should ask the kids if their caterer for the reception meal would do their RD too...hmmm...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rehearsal Dinner II

I wouldn't use the same caterer for the RD as the reception unless they can create two very different menus. Otherwise, those attending the RD will be served a similar type of food the next day. It is more fun to have different menus and to try out the specialties in the area.

o

That said, maybe the caterer would have a suggestion.

Or the folks at the ceremony venue/church.

Heck, even the florist or photographer.

You *do* have access to a temporary network of folks; ask their advice.

o

I think a restaurant is a good idea for this size group, though, especially if you can rent a separate room (or the whole place). It makes it even more different from the wedding reception. And I agree that using a restaurant means that the decorations are already in place; you can add simple centerpieces if you wish, but you don't have to decorate the room. Maybe you can find one that specializes in the local cuisine or music, or is in a fun district.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here