Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color bridesmaid shoes?

Posted by tryingtodecorate (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 10:27

Hello, I am the maid of honor in my friend's small wedding. It's actually going to be at my house in my backyard and basement. Ok, so I had planned on getting some dyed strappy sandal heels to go with my dark purple (lapis from David's Bridal) dress, but now I'm wondering if I should do silver instead? Are dyed shoes considered dated?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color bridesmaid shoes?

Do whichever you want. Keep in mind that if you are going to be walking on the grass, that heels can sink down into the soil and be ruined. I would think that the dyed fabric would be more easily damanged too.

o

I ended up finding some really pretty silver shoes that I just love! Thanks for the help, sheilajoyce.

o

There are some clear plastic heel covers you can buy -- they were mentioned here - don't recall the name. But anyway, they just slip over your heels, giving you a bit more width so you won't 'spike' the grass with every step, and also keep your heels from getting ruined. Might be worth looking into --

o

I have them and they do work great. They come with a little case, too, so they don't get your pocketbook dirty. The ones I have are called Sole Mates. But there are other brands, too, including new ones that weren't available when I bought mine, so there may be even better ones.

o

silver would be best...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here