Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off Topic- Missed Friends Last Night For My Last Shower!

Posted by Penny_Sav (My Page) on
Fri, May 7, 04 at 10:12

Ok, so it was VERY sweet of my future mother-in-law to have a shower for me, but she planned it for the same time of the final episode of Friends! I taped it, but i missed the last few minutes! Guess my clock needs adjusted!

Did anyone watch it? My tape went so far as all the cast leaving their keys to Monica's apartment on the kitchen counter. What happened after that?!

By the way, the shower was terrfic! We got LOTS of great gifts! And only 1 thing needs to go back. His aunt bought me a gorgeous nighty with matching robe, but the gown is too small, and has to go back. :-(

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off Topic- Missed Friends Last Night For My Last Shower!

If I remember correctly they all headed out of the apartment to go have some coffee and spend a little time before Monica and Chandler had to go- we didn't see that, they just said they were going to go for coffee and headed out of the apartment.

o

Your clock wasn't wrong... Friends went over time. I missed 2 minutes (from when Ross was yelling at his answering machine to when they were putting the keys on the counter) because I didn't check the tape at 10 to make sure it was over! You didn't miss much more. They walked into the sunset to go have some coffee. I also tried to catch them on The Tonight Show but I was too tired.

Andrea :o)

o

Thanks for the update! I was vey disappointed that the "2 hour finale" consisted mostly of clips of old shows!

Oh well, the shower was fabulous, I met a lot of really great women, and my flower girl got to try on her dress finally. She is going to look precious!
Penny

o

Frankly I was really disspointed wiht the way they ended it...I watched friends religiously for the last 6 years aout of the 10 years they have been on, and I was so hoping for a different ending...maybe its just me but I was hoping deep down that Ross woudl propose to Rachel and Monika finds out she really is pregnant. Of course that might have been teh "fairytale"ending, and probably too predictable, but I was dissapointed with the finally....

Sigh, I'm gonna miss my favorite thursday night episodes, I'm hoping that the Joey show is gonna be worth seeing. :)

Froggy

o

Froggy,
I agree with you. I was so excited when Courtney got pregnant, I just KNEW Monica would become pregnant in the story line, like Phoebe did when Lisa was pregnant in real life.
And the way they left the hospital with the babies right after they were born. NOT!
Oh well, it was just a show. And hopefully I will find another one to become addicted to, like I was "Friends". Then again, I will be a newly married wife, and may not have time to be addicted to a tv program.
Penny

o

I am definitely going to miss "Friends"!!

Don't worry if you missed it on Thursday, the finale will be available on DVD Tuesday... weird!

Anyway, I too am hopeful about the Joey show... usually spin-offs don't work, but Frasier did really well after Cheers, so it is possible! :)

Anyway, Penny I hope that your shower was lovely and I'm sorry that you missed the end of Friends... we got lucky and decided to tell the TiVo to record an extra 5 minutes... good thing since we just barely got all of it that way!

By the way, I'm pretty disappointed that Phoebe didn't marry Joey, but I guess they couldn't do that and have him have a spin-off! Oh, well... at least when she married Mike they didn't make it SEVEN Friends...

-DuckyHead :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here