Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bridal shower question

Posted by tralynn (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 4:35

I am attending a bridal shower soon. I have not bought the gift yet, and not even sure what I will get, but I want some ideas on how I can give this. I have done a web search on bridal shower gift baskets and mostly what I see is a spa day gift basket. This is not what I want to do. I do not know the right words to use in my search. I have also found where you could do the towel cake, but I'm not sure I like that. I would like to do something unusual, you know an alternative to gift wrapping. I love creating things like that but I am at a total loss. This is partly why I have not bought the gift yet, because I want to figure out what to make first. Would like to keep it to practical items. Sure would appreciate your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bridal shower question

Why not create your own gift basket? You can choose a theme, such as a baking basket or an Italian basket. You wouldn't even need to use a basket. For instance, for an Italian "basket," you could purchase a colander and fill it with spaghetti and other items. For a baking "basket" you could use a mixing bowl and include measuring cups and spoons, large wooden spoon, etc.

You can purchase shrink wrap at craft stores or use clear wrapping paper and tie with a bow. You can also purchase clear gift bags meant to hold larger items. Creating your own "basket" would be practical and unique.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here