Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newsletter Title...

Posted by duckyhead (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 04 at 3:34

Hey ya'll!
I am writing a 4 page newsletter to send to our guests (want to send them first thing Monday morning. I already have the envelopes addressed!). Included is an article on things to do in the area, as well as tips on what to wear, and a map/directions, etc... I have it all completed, except for the title! I have pondered for 2 days and just cannot come up with a good title (or really ANY title...). Any suggestions for this brain-fried bride??

Thanks,
-DuckyHead

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newsletter Title...

How about "OUR TOWN" as the title (like the play of the same name), then below, write: (Groom's Name) and I would like to share some information with you to make your experience here memorable, and to THANK YOU for sharing our wedding day with us!

Hope this jump-starts your creativity again! ;-D

o

What about "Welcome to (bride and groom's) wedding! We are pleased that you will be joining us." Then go into an explanation of the information that you are providing.

o

Sweetheart Sentinal
Tie the Knot News
Wedding Ring Register
Pre-Wedding Post

o

Thanks for your suggestions everyone... we decided on a title (not really happy with it but we needed to decide) and got everything printed, folded, stuffed and mailed! :)

-DuckyHead

P.S. Here's a link to the web version... there are some formatting issues that came along with converting it to a web page, but you guys get the idea! :-)
Use the title bar to jump between the 4 pages...

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Wedding Newsletter

o

oh, enough w/ thanking people for being part of your special day--I swear, I'm gonna gag if I see that phrase one more time.

plus, they haven't even shown up yet!

Stick w/ "we're hoping you can join us" or "we're looking forward to seeing you" They're cliches too, I know, but they're not as goopy!

(frankly, one written "thank you for coming" is enough--save it fr the thank-you notes after they give you a gift. Sure, they're doing you a favor coming, but you did them a favor INVITING them, feeding them, etc. I consider it a major honor to be invited to a wedding; the bride & groom don't need to grovel)

o

Here's a link to a pretty neat wedding newsletter, and they just called it Our Wedding Newsletter. But I like some of the other ideas - maybe the Wedding Gazette, or something like that would be catchy too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sample Wedding Newsletter

o

Update:

Our "Wedding Bells" newsletter was a big hit... it even convinced a few "fence sitters" to come to the wedding! Wow!

Thanks everyone for your input :)

-DuckyHead

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedding Bells

o
Bridal Newsletter Title...

Here's a link to another site with some sample bridal newsletters. I guess they are just calling them Bridal Newsletter or Wedding Newsletter. I like DuckyHead's "Wedding Bells" title!

Here is a link that might be useful: Links to Bridal Newsletter Examples

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here