Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CD of first dance?

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 05 at 3:20

Anyone have an idea of a CD love song for a first dance. It must be slow so they can dance to it according to DD. Her fiance likes the tempo of "At Last," but she feels it is too sad. Any suggestions for a slow dance CD that is more sunny and positive about love?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CD of first dance?

One of my favorite current (or semi-current) love songs is Van Morrison's "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You." (Don't even bother with Rod Stewart's - Van wrote it, and his version is *far* better.)

For couples who were first friends and then became romantically involved, I like "I Could Write a Book," both the Frank Sinatra and the Harry Connick Jr. versions. (I've posted a link to the lyrics, in case you haven't heard the song.)

"What a Wonderful World" is maybe over-used, but still a terrific song. Or how about "It Had to be You."

Here is a link that might be useful: I could write a book

o

"At Last" is a very popular wedding song. I am surprised that DD finds the lyrics to be sad. Any song by Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, or some of the other great standards make excellent first dance songs.

o

Dh and I danced to Don Henley's "Taking You Home."

o

does she like country music? i was going to use allison krauss's 'when you say nothing at all' but we decided to go with a song that means a little more to the both of us. so it's back to the drawing board. allison krauss isn't the original artist but i like her version better than the other guy...

o

Beatles.. In My life..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here